Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gospel of One; Letters of Aul

Hello Everyone; Namaste;

We are continuing with Chapter 7, paragraph 5 in the letter to the Omans from the book Gospel of One; Letters of Aul.

"Another question is one that I often ask of myself. "I want to do the right thing, I want to love everyone, but I can't seem to do it consistently. I fall way short sometimes, Why?" Oh my friends, I know how it is. We know the laws, but can't keep them. The powerful illusions sabotage our best intentions. We obviously need help. We can use our will-power, but it doesn't hold up under the strain. We can decide to do good, but we don't follow through. We can decide not to do something wrong, then we do it anyway. The illusion is so tricky sometimes. We think we need something that will only hurt us in the long run, such as the need to smoke a cigarette or something worse. The illusion gets the better of us so many times."

Commentary: This is the old story, very familiar to most people, especially to those of us who make new years resolutions. Old habits are hard to break If you can rise above the illusions though, you will have a better chance of succeeding in your resolutions.

No comments: