Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gospel of One; Letters of Aul

Hi Everyone, namaste:

We are beginning chapter 4, paragraph 1 in the first letter to the Orinthians from the book "Gospel of One; Letters of Aul." (p 74)

"If you put the leaders of this movement up on a pedestal, you'd be making a mistake.  We are servants, not your masters.  We help show the way for now, but you may forge ahead of us someday.  We don't try to hold you back.  To be a good guide, you must know the way and be reliable and honest.  Popularity based on showmanship is misleading.  I don't care where I rank on the popularity poll.  I'm just being the best guide I can be.  If you are helped by what I write, I rejoice in the Lord.  God knows who is truly being served and who is truly serving."

Commentary:  Any leader who is looking to boost his or her own ego, or looking for power and influence, is not really fit to be a leader.  Humility and a spirit of service to others combined with good leadership skills makes good leaders.

No comments: