Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Gospel of One; Letters of Aul

Hi everyone; namaste:

We are now moving on to chapter 14, paragraphs one and two, in the First Letter to the Orinthians from the book "Gospel of One; Letters of Aul."

"Love abundantly. It will come back to you.  Develop your talents in God.  Proclaim the truth of God.  If you praise God in silence or in tongues, that is fine for yourself, but when you proclaim the truth in everyday speech, you will be reminding others of the truth so they can develop their own strong faith.

Consider this my friends. If I withdraw from the world and keep my knowledge to myself, what will you get out of it? If I don't share my insights, or truths, or teachings, what help am I to you? If I play music so that each note isn't distinct and in tune, how will anyone recognize the song and enjoy the music?  If the date and time aren't clearly printed, will anyone come to the show?"

Commentary:  We are talking about honest, heart-felt  communication.  This isn't about persuading people to any point of view, nor is it about being superior in knowledge. It's about helping one another grow in realization of what the truth might be. Nobody has a corner on knowledge so it isn't about defending any particular viewpoint.  It is a mutual search for truth minus the ego involvement of having to be right.

No comments: