Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Gospel of One; Letters of Aul

Hi everyone; namaste:

We are now moving on to chapter 16 in the First Letter to the Orinthians from the book "Gospel of One; Letters of Aul."  We will cover all 4 of the short paragraphs of this chapter.

"Now, about that relief offering for the poor among you that is being collected.  That is good that you are sharing.  I encourage more of that.  The more we share, the more we actually have.

I plan to visit you in the coming year.  I won't be staying long.  Perhaps I will stay for two months during the winter season.

If Imothy shows up, take good care of him.  Make him feel at home.  He works hard at spreading the gospel of oneness.  Tell him I'm expecting him to join me soon.

I have other co-workers who may precede me to your town.You will know them by their good examples.  You will be inspired by them and aspire to be like them.  Look for people who proclaim the oneness of all life and honor God in all life.  Have your arms wide open for them just as God has his arms wide open for you.  I love all of you in the love of God."

Commentary:  It is very refreshing to hear strong,  upright people come and talk about the oneness of life. There is no preaching here about following one person to be saved.  There is no one book that you have to pledge allegiance to. There are no threats about being consigned to a hellish existence if you don't believe. The Gospel of Oneness is presented as a way to overcome the delusions of life, and to love everyone and to treat them as part of your greater Self. The Gospel of Oneness only asks you to remember your oneness with God.

No comments: