Search This Blog

Monday, June 13, 2011

Gospel of One; Letters of Aul

Hi everyone, namaste:

We are now on paragraph 6 of chapter 4 in the first Letter to the Orinthians from the book "Gospel of One: Letters of Aul." (page 74)

"I'm not writing this just to scold you and make you feel bad.  I'm writing as a concerned fellow traveler. I love you and want you to have a happy and fulfilling journey.  There are a lot of people all too willing to criticize and judge you, but there aren't a lot of people who are willing to take the time to help you on your journey.  It's because Jesus and the other masters who helped me realize my oneness with God that I became your helper.  I'm not asking you to do anything but take charge of your own lives.  Take responsibility for yourselves and remember your oneness with God."


Commentary:  A spiritual master wants you to stand on your own two feet (so to speak) before God. He wants you to realize your own oneness with God.  He can help you and become your advocate, but ultimately he wants you to be master of yourself and know for certain that you are eternally a free individual within the consciousness of God.  To do this we must take full responsibility for all of our thoughts, words, and actions.

No comments: